Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cockatiel was hatched on January 12 and he is 2 month old now but his feathers still look like a 1 month old cockatiel or even younger :(( My other 1 month cockatiel looks older than him and has so much feather now. We don't know what to do :((

·
Registered
403 Posts
Other than that bald spot behind his head, He looks fine to me. That bald patch MAY indicate that one of the parents is a Lutino which is a common trait. Have you given him a warm spray bath with a garden spray bottle? This will encourage preening and will actually help his feathers. He is still pretty young so wait until his first molt then seen how the feathers look. Even that bald patch may fill in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Other than that bald spot behind his head, He looks fine to me. That bald patch MAY indicate that one of the parents is a Lutino which is a common trait. Have you given him a warm spray bath with a garden spray bottle? This will encourage preening and will actually help his feathers. He is still pretty young so wait until his first molt then seen how the feathers look. Even that bald patch may fill in.
He also can't digest seeds well. Whenever he tries to eat, he will poop it as it is. His poop has seeds in it. Is that normal? Is there something we can do about it?

·
Registered
403 Posts
He may have digestive issues regarding the seeds so you might want to get him in to see a vet. Is there any kind of soft foods he CAN eat without problems such as veggies? Broccoli is very good for them IF you can get them to eat it. For now, I wouldn't give him anymore seeds until he sees a vet.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Try adding Nekton Biotin supplement to his water. I’ve used this product for years and it has worked wonders for my ‘tiels feathering.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts