Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be moving house next month and was wondering if anyone could give me some tips to make the journey and unpacking as easy as possible for Luma.

Luckily the new home is only half an hour away and I have purchased a smaller cage with a handle to transport her in, which she is getting used to at the moment. We're going to have to take apart her big cage in order to fit everything into the van so she may be in her travel cage for a few hours while we upload everything and re-construct her big cage again. Thankfully she is no longer laying eggs so that's one less thing to worry about but yeah any advise would be greatly appreciated! :D

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
I would keep a lot of her favorite foods close by, and favorite toys. Try to keep things familiar. Once fids get over their 'OMG BOXES!!!!!' shock, they usually settle in pretty good. Or so my experience has been, having moved several times with my flock :)

·
Registered
518 Posts
I always wondered this do all females lay eggs and if they do what age
I'm not sure about other cockatiels, but my Yoko is about a year and two months old, I give her vegetables and grains that could be considered "soft foods," and she doesn't get 12 hours of sleep per night, she gets more like 10 hours, but she hasn't shown any broody behaviors, and she hasn't laid any eggs. :) Hope this helps. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts