Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that we are comfy in our new cage I was thinking of re-arranging the room also to fit both of birdy's and my needs.

As you'll see in the picture the cage now is at the right side next to my desk and the sun never gets there BUT my little :grey tiel: usually spends her time on the stand that I made her now right in front of the window so she can peek outside on anybody that walks on by, you'll see a little shadowy figure in the middle of the pic [ that's her! ].

She's the new PI of the neighborhood I guess gathering info all day long LOL.

I was thinking of moving the cage on the left side where I have my little shrine thing going on so the cage would be next to the window also so she can have somewhat of a view outside even when I'm gone. The sunlight wont be able to hit the cage directly again so she won't boil her brains out from heat overload although as I mentioned she pretty much enjoys getting heated up at the moment when she's free to fly around.

What do you guys think? Are you up for side-window view or against it? I've read many different opinions in various websites but I thought I'd better ask my buddies here as well :>.

Note: she is not afraid of birds flying around outside etc she's already used to all those little buggers that come and sit on the rails.

Pros:
1) She'll be avoiding the airconditions draft in the summer
2) She'll be able to have a permanent view of the outside world
3) Easier spot for me to clean her cage out
4) Easier spot to build more stuff for her above her cage as a playground
5) No direct sunlight again
6) Windows are pretty much always closed on left side so she won't have any drafts.

Cons:
I'll have to figure out a way to stop the seed mess else I'll be sleeping with seeds every day. hahahah

Attachments

·
Registered
885 Posts
I have mine next to the window so that they can see outside while i'm not home. They love being able to see outside and chatting with the wild birds that sit outside the window periodically during the day :)

As long as she can get away from the sunlight if she needs/wants to, it's fine and I don't see why there would be a problem. Unless she starts getting weird/aggressive for some reason, but if that happens you'll just move her back away from the window.

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
I agree, the window view would be great for her. If she already enjoys it then it's perfect! I mean, your pros definitely outweigh the cons.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys she's now moved to the other spot and she already enjoys some sun and the "phenomenal" for what she was used to view ^_^. ( I've uploaded a picture on my blogish boding post with her new spot..)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts