Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Meta and Lemon have been in the same room in separate cage for a week, and today I've let them out to meet. Everything went well. Is another week of separation enough? Or can they be housed in the same cage whenever they are comfortable with each other? Maybe open their cage doors so that they can visit each other?

·
Registered
150 Posts
So i have much experience in this area did it before and made success. First you need to let them see each for a week (which you did). Then this is the next step for you, you need to make a 'Neutral Place' like a Play Gym, clear table or something like that. Some place that neither bird would consider its territory. Than let them both hang out there each day in sessions that build from 5 minutes to maybe 15 minutes depending on there progress with each other. From there than you could leave the cage doors open 1-2 weeks after daily session of letting them meet in a Neutral Place. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I kind of sped up the process, then :D They were outside for about an hour, chilling on the curtain holder. Well, when I say chilling, I mean Meta was courting, and Lemon was kind of sleepy. But they were okay with each other. I will keep repeating this for a couple of weeks, then.

·
Registered
150 Posts
That is wonderful, you got it down. Your on your way and before you know it in a few weeks they will have no problem caging together

~Skye

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts