Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rocko has been very bold today I asked him to step up to give him a shower he was sitting on his perch and I said step up and he bit me very hard it hurt he took a tiny dot of my skin off and when he finally got out he was enjoying his shower then he started messing in the bathroom jumping on my shoulder and preening my face then after his shower I let him dry off a bit he was soaked so I put on his harness and brought him outside because it was a lovely warm day and he would dry quicker then while were outside he bit me again very hard and then he was asking me to scratch him and I did and while I was he was trying to get me to go away and he flew away from me on to the ground I tried to get him to step up and he wouldnt so I had to pick him up like scoop him up from under his feet with my two hands and I put him back on his colourful natural wooden swing thats in the garden well its actually Tikos my african grey and then he was biting on the harness so I was trying to distract him and I always cover his back when hes biting it so he cant get at it and then he started biting my hand very hard I told him to stop a few minutes later I went back inside and put him on his playstand why is he acting like this and how can I stop the biting.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just brought him out again to a shop called Woodies because my mam had to get a new shower head he loves going to new places he dosent bite on the harness much only when we are in the car or in the garden hes so funny when were outside walking over to the shop he kept flying to the ground and he walked with us to the shop im sure his nails got a nice trim lol he was like a dog on a lead and I met another bird owner a worker in woodies yet she didnt want to touch him incase he bit her lol and she asked me did I want to bring him out to the garden part where they sell plants and stuff to look at the flowers lots of people were admiring him. He didnt bite me once while we were out but u can see what he was doing earlier today in my first post Above lol ^
^

·
Registered
334 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about it, our little birdies our just like us and can feel unwell, or off or a bit fed up/grumpy. So don't worry if it's just an isolated incident, good job he was happier later on when you went out.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wouldn't worry too much about it, our little birdies our just like us and can feel unwell, or off or a bit fed up/grumpy. So don't worry if it's just an isolated incident, good job he was happier later on when you went out.
Ye hes just acting normal now he was getting nice compliments from the shop worker and the customers. he does have a few long pin feathers with blood in them and they are there about a month now

·
Registered
334 Posts
Ahh glad he's normal again, bless him! Yea those pinfeathers must be a bother too, moulting must be such a faff haha. Glad he's getting lots of attention when he's out and about ! Go spread the cockatiel word, Rocko!

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ahh glad he's normal again, bless him! Yea those pinfeathers must be a bother too, moulting must be such a faff haha. Glad he's getting lots of attention when he's out and about ! Go spread the cockatiel word, Rocko!
Lol lots of people will probably have their birds out when they see me with Rocko

1 - 6 of 6 Posts