Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi this is the first clutch for my bird, she has been sitting on the eggs diligently for the last couple of weeks and this past day or so has not been tending to them as usual, I candled them today to see if they were even fertile. And they are. There are 4 of them. My question is are they going to die? And how often does she need to be on them at this point being so close to hatch dates? Please help! Thank you

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
sometimes they get off for awhile, sometimes new birds just quit, BUT I check to see if they are COLD to the touch, ....unattended still, incubate if u have one,... New birds/ new set up/ first time breeding/ these things can happen and they do. I sometimes have another pair on eggs and I sneek them in....... but that does not always work sometimes you feed "day one" also ....because they don't feed....... WHAT DAY are you on for the first egg gestation?, is there a "draw down on any of the eggs?....look it up so u can see what it would look like. read read read.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.