Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I've gotten Anakin I've noticed that his face is getting considerably lighter the more and more I look at him. When he puffs up to get his feathers into place, some really small feathers occasionally fall out and the same happens when he shakes.

My question: Is he molting? I highly doubt it considering his age and his tail isn't making any sort of change, but who knows! Crazy things happen! And what explains his face getting lighter?

PS: This forum is crowded with my posts; sorry not sorry :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well he's only 2 and a half months old. I thought it doesn't come until way later, like 5-6 months

·
Premium Member
6,217 Posts
That's the big molt, when you can start to see dramatic changes coming in. They'll always have little molt in between

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Joey had a small molt at about 3 months, then his first big one at about 6 months, then every few months since. You will know a 'big' molt when it happens. Suddenly, it will be snowing feathers all over the house. Big, small, medium... and they manage to get everywhere. There will be a few days where you will swear your baby is going to be bald when you wake up in the morning, or when you come home from work. Yet somehow, despite the seemingly millions of feathers everywhere, the little one never does go bald. :D

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's the big molt, when you can start to see dramatic changes coming in. They'll always have little molt in between
Oh I wasn't aware that they molt all the time. Learn something new everyday!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts