Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tiel, Finn, is 2 and half years old and he's going through a really heavy molt this year. He lost feathers for about 5 weeks, and he's now still growing them out at week 6. He's been very sleepy and I was wondering if that was normal? Pre-molt he had lots of energy and would only nap maybe once a day. Now, he likes to sit and look out the window for a good portion of the day. He'll take naps like 3 times a day or more. In between the naps he still eats, drinks, beats up his toys, shreds stuff. Then after his moments of being active he goes back to the window. He's just never napped so much and I know they can be sleepy when molting, but is this cause for concern?

I did take him to the vet a week ago because he was having some watery poos, but the vet said he was fine. She mentioned that because I'm switching him from seeds to pellets that can happen. His poos have since returned to fairly normal. I've noticed if he's eating pellets it's watery, but seeds make it normal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.