Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's non stop, I try to feed him play with him bought him new toys anything I could think of .any suggestions ?

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Have you tried chirping back? No joke, just respond when he makes a noise and see if that helps.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hey we have a 20 week old male. We have him about 6 weeks. In the last couple of weeks be chirps and chirps even when he can see us both. When we chirp/whistle back a couple of times (both of us) he is happy and stops for a while.

Sent from my InFocus M808 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same problem with my cockatiel, Dillon. It is driving me crazy. Some days he never stops and his wolf whistle is piercing loud. I have tried everything I know to do. When I whistle or chirp back at him he gets mad and shows it. When it gets too bad for me I cover him and he stops for awhile. Some days I have closed him up in a room for an hour so I could get some peace. I love him very much and really am trying to cope. I hope someone can give me some suggestions. Dillon is 2 & 1/2 years old.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Chirping and whistling non stop

I have the same problem with my cockatiel, Dillon. It is driving me crazy. Some days he never stops and his wolf whistle is piercing loud. I have tried everything I know to do. When I whistle or chirp back at him he gets mad and shows it. When it gets too bad for me I cover him and he stops for awhile. Some days I have closed him up in a room for an hour so I could get some peace. I love him very much and really am trying to cope. I hope someone can give me some suggestions. Dillon is 2 & 1/2 years old. I have had him for 10 months. My daughter was the original owner.

·
Registered
507 Posts
This is unfortunately common for single birds who are overly bonded to their owners.

My solution with Phoenix was getting him a buddy & moving them to their own room where they can't hear me and vice versa.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts