Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if any of you have a mirror for your single cockatiel? I know some people don't recommend them, but I have a couple of "friends" for Bennie since he is alone all day while zI am at work. He really seems to like his "friends". I have a small round mirror in his cage and a larger one that I put on top of his cage while he is out. If he's on top of his cage, I ask him "Where's your little friend?" and he'll go over to above where the little mirror is hanging and peck at it. So I remove it and he runs around and talks to it. I haven't seen him get frustrated with it. I just like something to entertain him while I am gone.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mirror

Ok - how do I tell if he's too obsessed with it? And if, he does show signs of obsession, should I take it away? He does like to spend time with the mirror and talks to it, but I have never seen him fight with it. Sometimes when I am holding him, he "asks" for it; he'll say "Where's your friend?" and start looking around. Then I put him back where he can see the mirror.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
If he gets aggressive towards u and gets to attached remove it.I removed Rockos because he didnt like them but he likes to see himself in normal house mirrors.Lol anyway I think its ok for bennie to have one.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Joey became obsessed with his, hormonal, aggressive toward us and his other toys, screechy and was a really nasty little boy for a few days. He is getting better, after just over a week, but he still hisses some. I hated to remove the toy because he loved the basketball game part of it, but I'd rather have my sweet boy and find him something else to play with.

My mom's little guy has a mirror and he is just fine with it.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Joey became obsessed with his, hormonal, aggressive toward us and his other toys, screechy and was a really nasty little boy for a few days. He is getting better, after just over a week, but he still hisses some. I hated to remove the toy because he loved the basketball game part of it, but I'd rather have my sweet boy and find him something else to play with.

My mom's little guy has a mirror and he is just fine with it.
Does the basketball game have a mirror on it? I was thinking of getting it for Rocko and the bowling set.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts