Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Hm, maybe my boys would like Oranges. They never seem to like anything fresh. D:

Look like your Tiel' loves it though! :D

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
with all the encouragement you guys gave me as well helped me to but yes she is great she flies around great loveas the window and will sit at the window for 2-3 hours but she just loves to land on your head and she was my very first hand feeding chick

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
So my baby 'tiels aren't the only ones who'll fly around then land on your head suddenly? :lol:

She is too cute. :love: Has she only had orange so far?

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have a Green Cheeked Conure that does that constantly. Nobody can walk past his cage without that little bird landing on your head. He just loves everybody it doesn't matter who it is as long as they will give him a little attention he's happy. Miracle is beautiful you've done a wonderful job. She sure does love those Oranges thats great that she eats all her fruits and good stuff to eat that will help her to grow up into a very healthy adult bird good for her

·
Registered
342 Posts
Miracle does look so good! She's so lucky to have you! Now...please tell me...how do I get MY tiel to enjoy her fruit so?? :p

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i think i just lucked out i just started to give her fruit and she started to eat it normally tiels are not to fond of fruit

·
Registered
342 Posts
I can't get mine to eat anything. I've tried pasta and vegetables to no avail. But I only now got her to where she'll eat pellets. I try other stuff sometimes still but she'll play with it maybe but that's it! :p

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
you may try to add seed to the other food as the seed will still have the taste of the other food and she will eventually try it

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
I find that mine will nibble on spinach leaves even before they are weaned. Maybe that would work. They seem to favor the stems.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.