Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry about the poor quality of the video :rolleyes: the camera doesn't like me...lol you can barely make her out but if you look real hard you can see her....lol I don't know what the heck she was trying to do she was flapping her wings all over :p she is my little chatterbox she is constantly trying to whistle and she makes noises all the time but the good thing is she has a soft little voice not like Mr. Ollie who is so loud :eek: she is such a little cutie. :D

·
Registered
9,464 Posts
Cute. You should try and put a lamp near her cage for more light when video taping her. I put one near Spikes cage when taping him but I should of put it closer. Just a tip :) She does chirp alot for a girl :D

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
She sure makes a lot of noise for a young lady! :p
she is VERY noisey for a young lady...lol Ian said to me last night do you think they made a mistake on the dna :p she wolf whistles more then Ollie does :D the funny thing is I have never taught her to do any of the things she does I think she's copying Ollie, I just had it in my head she is female she won't learn hmmm maybe I am thinking wrong here, wouldn't it be neat if she learned a few things...lol

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
My tiels do the Wing thing too - Dunno why but it is cute

with DNA - It's not 100% - I had a friend get a Quaker DNA tested, and it later died of a Breathing disorder ( i can't remember the technical name) well it got a autoposy done and turned out it was a boy!!

so the only way to be 100% positive is Surgical Sexing which costs alot :(

but either way she's adorable

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
She has a lovely voice, and is so adorable. ;)

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That has crossed me mind too.:eek:
Its starting to cross my mind now....lol but I still think she is a female she is just a confused female she displays both male and female behaviour although more male then female :D maybe I just have one of those rare females that will be vocal who knows maybe I can get her to say a word or two in time ;)

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
She is so cute!:D
Earl does that wing thing inside and outside the cage. He hisses aswell. But is really cute :)

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
She is so cute!:D
Earl does that wing thing inside and outside the cage. He hisses aswell. But is really cute :)
thanks sophiay hissing is usually more of a female thing my Georgie does that all the time...lol Georgie and Earl could be sisters :p I really think you have a girl there better start calling Earl a she :p:D

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I was thinking of Pearl instead of Earl it would sound similar:) But couldn't change it now I would be going"Earl ... i mean pearl" LOL!:)
Thanks aswell laurago :)

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
thats how I ended up with the name Georgie the breeder thought it might be a male so we went with that but she is definitely a girl...lol we just stuck with the name Georgie its hard to get use to a new name after so long ;) now with Minnie we started calling her Charlie but we found out she was a girl so we changed it took a little getting use to but its finally sinking in...LOL

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Georgie is a good name for a girl:) But couldn't be easily change if she turned out to be a he, but now you definetly know she is female the name is suited to her to a T. But Earl is easy,just add a P then it will be Pearl:D

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Pearl would be good at least "Earl" wouldn't be confused when you say it, its so similar :D

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Minnie, Georgie and ollie great names. My budgie is called little bill(or little billy) so if he turned out to be a girl(he is a boy blue band accross his nose) he would be called little billy, like billy piper :) many names are made for male and female when you think about it

1 - 20 of 20 Posts