Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I brought my boy home today and he is so sweet. He is still very much a baby, but he did fine coming home (an hour and a half drive) playing in his cage and chewing on the paper and eating seeds. Seemed very calm and was looking out the window even. Got home, got him settled in his big cage and he rested for a while then started climbing all over the place and trying each perch for a while. He steps up and kisses already, sat out with me for an hour and then I put him to bed. I think things are going to be great :) :grey tiel:
Here are a couple of pics ...

Attachments

·
Registered
228 Posts
He is so cute!!!! I knew he was coming home with you today and I am so excited for you. He looks like a sweet boy and I know he is going to be so much fun, and he has a great mom! Can't wait to hear more.

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Omg that face!! :love: He is just so adorable. Sounds like his first day home went very well. :clap:

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to all of you! Yes Brandon, he is a normal grey. His face will turn more yellow as he molts in the next four or five months.
His little voice is so tiny, but he did call out to me from the living room this morning and it was louder. He is already eating/ loving sprouts too, doesn't seem very interested in seeds, but I did give him some millet before bedtime yesterday and he munched some this morning too. I think he'll have more of an appetite as a few days go by.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
414 Posts
He's really cute and sounds like he is already making a great little companion. It's pretty awesome he is already enjoying sprouts and stuff.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Thanks to all of you! Yes Brandon, he is a normal grey. His face will turn more yellow as he molts in the next four or five months.
His little voice is so tiny, but he did call out to me from the living room this morning and it was louder. He is already eating/ loving sprouts too, doesn't seem very interested in seeds, but I did give him some millet before bedtime yesterday and he munched some this morning too. I think he'll have more of an appetite as a few days go by.
I only first gave Rocko sprouts a few days ago and he ate it all I think he likes to try new foods but he dosent seem to like broccoli.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I just ordered from the company you recommended Paula. I know Francis will love sprouts too. I love Milo's face, so sweet. My guy is taking a long while to molt in his yellow face, but it's getting there too.
So much to look forward to with Milo!

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just ordered from the company you recommended Paula. I know Francis will love sprouts too. I love Milo's face, so sweet. My guy is taking a long while to molt in his yellow face, but it's getting there too.
So much to look forward to with Milo!
You will like dealing with that company for your sprouts. Everything is organic and they grow it all themselves. I am sure Francis will love them too! I had to pretend to eat some and did the yum yum thing, but he took to them right away. He hardly ate any seed today, but had two helpings of sprouts LOL. That is ok with me :) I give sprouts everyday to them both.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Wow, he's eating sprouts already? Good boy Milo! Francis will go for the yum yum sounds hook line and sinker. I am looking forward to trying the sprouts with him. ha! I really appreciate the suggestion.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Sprouts are excellent! The hubby has got a sprouter in our kitchen to make sure our lads get them everyday. They love it ! X x Teresa

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sprouts are excellent! The hubby has got a sprouter in our kitchen to make sure our lads get them everyday. They love it ! X x Teresa
When I first started JoJo on sprouts, I was amazed to find out how many vitamins and good stuff they had in them. None of my birds, both tiels and keets have been able to turn them down! I have a really simple sprouter, and usually sprout once a week. I am so glad Milo loves them, as he is really not crazy about seed right now. Today he did eat a bite of shredded carrot and zucchini and seems to like them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts