Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This may have been asked before on this forum, but just wanted to know if eating millet would cause poop to go green? Shadow is a picky eater and loves his millet...when it appears that he's eaten mostly millet for the day, his poop is a different colored green I've never seen before (brighter, lime skin). Is this normal?
Thanks

·
Registered
325 Posts
This may have been asked before on this forum, but just wanted to know if eating millet would cause poop to go green? Shadow is a picky eater and loves his millet...when it appears that he's eaten mostly millet for the day, his poop is a bright/lime green. Is this normal?
Thanks
Millet is seed. Birds on seed diets even for a day have green poop. I wouldn't say lime green is normal but green is definitely normal if he mostly ate just millet.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks colorguarder08.

I'm attaching a picture so the difference in poop color can be seen.
The browner poop is after being hand fed formula and the green poop is after eating mostly millet and some seed. I was surprised at the difference as I've never seen this poop color with Peanut.

Attachments

·
Registered
325 Posts
That's definitely not lime green it's just normal colored poop for when they eat a lot of seeds

1 - 5 of 5 Posts