Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Miley has been doing super well with her flightsuit lately, so I thought I'd take her shopping with me since the birds are out of food today.

She got scared in the parking lot, but luckily I had a good hold on the leash, and she climbed back up to my shoulder. We went to Petco and she was whistling at everything. Everyone wanted to see her and talk about her. :) She was really good and got a shopping cart ride, but then she just wanted back up on her perch (me).

Then my granny was shopping at Walmart, so we walked over there. I was kind of scared they wouldn't let us in with her, but they didn't say anything. We got a lot more people wanting to see her in there, too. Even the employees kept calling over other employees to come look at her! Miley was so happy, and she loved the breeze outside while we were walking.

Then we had to go home to put stuff away, and she started to get grumpy. Now she's napping. :3 I'm gonna have to take her out with me more. We used to just go to the farmer's markets, but she would get cranky pretty fast. She's doing so well with the flightsuit now, and I'm so glad because she really does love getting to go on little adventures with the family.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
It must have been really nice for her - a lot of attention, plenty of distractions, fresh air...
I wish I had the courage to try and go out with my boy in a flightsuit too!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It took a loooooong time for her to get used to it enough to be out.
Another girl there was also talking about how she tried to leash train her birds but they would have none of it. lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts