Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my fellow tielers'.

So Sunday was the special day I picked up my 10 week old, pearl-pied girly :)
(At least we think she's a girl as she doesn't sing much at all and is a very cuddly girl that loves her head scritches!)
I thought you'll like to see some pictures of her as she is a very beautiful girl and so sweet!

She is absolutely adorable and I am smitten :love:
Kiki loves every member of the family and loves to come out of her cage and chill on my finger or shoulder, ever since day 1. She preens your hair, kisses your face and nibbles your lips lol. Already she has gained in confidence and has started flying about the house (although she is very unsteady and panics when she flies, I'm sure she'll get there)
Kiki is hand-reared and I feel very lucky to have her. I have a friend for life :pearl:

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry mods, please move :)

Ooops, this was supposed to be under 'Cockatiel Pictures', sorry guys. Also I realise now the title is misleading and I don't know how to change it. It's supposed to say, 'Meet the new girl, Kiki'. Thanks :)

·
Premium Member
6,217 Posts
It's perfectly fine. Don't worry about it. :) It can stay where it is.

Kiki is gorgeous, but don't rule out cock just yet. Baby tiels are super quiet. Jaid didn't show signs of a male until he was 4 months old

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Kiki

What a beautiful, sweet bird Kiki is! I am glad she is adjusting so well. One word of caution: please be careful about letting Kiki fly around the house, especially since you said sometimes she panics. A panic-flight could lead to injury or worse. And of course be careful about doors, windows, etc or other hazards like ceiling fans. Please forgive me if you are already aware of these things. I lost my first cockatiel to an accidental escape and it's awful.
Enjoy your new friend!

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Very, very, very cute!! :love:

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
What a lovely baby! Do you know her parent's mutations? That might help us narrow down her gender!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Replies! :)

Sorry for the lateness on replying! Thank you all so much for your replies!

Kiki's Mum is a pearl and her Dad is a grey pied, so does anyone know what gender that makes Kiki?

Thanks Janalee, I read a sticky on here about teaching your tiel to fly and after training she is becoming a lot more confident with flying now, no longer bumping her head on the ceiling bless her. We have no fans in the house, don't worry. I also remove all dangerous objects, make sure all doors and windows are shut and put blankets down for her. Panic flights are a lot less frequent now :)

Thanks CaliTiels, TamaMoo, Shaenne and Vikitiel, I'm glad you like her :)

Marloz, I'm so sorry to hear that! That must've been awful! We're lucky we don't have any dangerous or poisonous animals in England that are likely to get in the house. How are you getting on with Koko?

-Foobzy and Kiki- :pearl:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts