Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bikbok has decided he wants to share my meals with me. Today he pecked my pastry at breakfast, then at lunch he beaked some of my steak and ate a large amount of broccoli. I am glad he is deciding to try cooked food now, its just so sweet having a little beak eating with me. I wonder what he will try next.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Aww! That's adorable! Can you take a video of it for us?

I wish Kirby would do the same; he won't eat any "human food", even the stuff that's actually good for him, like fruits and veggies :lol:.

That felt like a weird thing for me to write, as growing up we've always had a dog, usually two. Now, we have three dogs. Growing up, it was obnoxious when the dogs want food, and for the last five years, since we adopted Oliver, then Jack, and then a few months ago Max it's gotten really bad because they always want food. If you so much as open the fridge door they come running. Now, here I am saying that I want my pet to want food. It seems sacrilegious, lol.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a video of him eating the broccoli, ill post it once I put it on youtube.
He has only started this the other day, its taken him a year to want to eat anything on anyones plate. Previously he had pecked a bit at crumbs on the table and left over porridge in the bowl.
He only took to trying new things last year when he saw my guinea pig eating stuff, so thats how we got him to eat raw broccoli and capsicums and things like grass and parsley.

Lol naughty doggies! My dog would only hassle me if I was eating meat or cake. One time I made a cake and had it outside to cool down for a minute, I came back and he had eaten half the thing! He was so ashamed of himself and followed me around with such a "IM SORRY!!!!" look, but I wasnt even mad, it was too funny.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Okay, maybe Kirby will decide that our food is interesting too one day. We've only had him for about two months...

And that story about your dog is hilarious!

·
Registered
885 Posts
I LOVE meal times with my birds, because it's the perfect way to get them to try new things without having to cook food for them just to have it wasted if they don't eat it. I get to know pretty well what they favour and what they don't really like.

It also encourages my unadventurous self to try new things because i'm forever looking for things that the birds haven't tried yet, and it's usually stuff that I haven't tried yet either lol.

And I can absolutely 100% guarantee that if I am eating something, my birds will force themselves into my personal space to eat some of it too, even if they have no idea what it is yet :p

·
Registered
350 Posts
Awwww!!!! :love:

Thanks for posting! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts