Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im starting to think Loki is a Female and Rocko is definitely Male.How do Males and Females act towards each other.When I look into Rockos eyes I see a boy and when I look at Loki I see a girl and the way they act too Rocko is also much noisier than Loki who is much more quiet but Loki does chirp with Rocko in the mornings telling me its time to get up and feed them.Also I just found out my petstore does DNA Tests My petstore has lots of unusual animals that no other petstore has like they have Meerkats,Dog Raccoons,Kookaburra,Chipmunks,Squirrels all mad animals lol.

·
Premium Member
6,217 Posts
A DNA test is the best way to sex birds. If your pet store sells them, I would go for it and test Loki just so you know

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A DNA test is the best way to sex birds. If your pet store sells them, I would go for it and test Loki just so you know
What age would Loki have to be to start showing Female behaviours.Also do cinnamon pearls lose their pearls when they moult,Loki has moulted but is finished now and didnt lose any pearls.Rocko has lost a lot since his last moult.

·
Premium Member
6,217 Posts
6 months is generally when they start showing sex related behaviors. A cinnamon pearl would lose pearls if they are a cock, but if they are a hen, then they would keep them

1 - 4 of 4 Posts