Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two Cockatiels Geogie girl and Ollie, I got Georgie first and Ollie came along about two weeks ago for some reason I thought I would end up with two females (don't ask me why) and down the road put them into a large cage together but I have a male and a female so now I am wondering if that thinking would still be a wise choice there both young right now so I wouldn't have to worry about mating just yet but I don't want to have to worry about problems down the road if there together so I would love some opinions from people who have there cockatiels together female and male have you run into any problems with mating do they get along etc....

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
I've got Cookie (female) and Bailee (male) together, they've been together for about 6 months now! :) Bailee does flirt with Cookie a lot, but she's not interested....then again he flirts with his own reflection. :p I don't think you will have much of a problem! I think Boomberry has males and females together, i'm sure she can give you some advice too. ;)

·
Banned
105 Posts
I think it's fine as along you don't put anything comfy looking in their cage. For example a happy hut. I doubt it will be a problem though. If you see that they are showing signs of love then just separate them.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think it's fine as along you don't put anything comfy looking in their cage. For example a happy hut. I doubt it will be a problem though. If you see that they are showing signs of love then just separate them.
yeah I wouldn't want to encourage anything between them there still young :)

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
I can't imagin what sort of problems the chicks could have if they managed to breed.
Well even if they did mate/lay eggs you could just chuck them and put some fake ones in. ;) I've got some budgies who mate with their family members. :eek:

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got my two from the same breeder I asked if they were related in any way...lol she said no.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Do they have a website Laura? I would like to add it to my favourite incase i need or am looking for new members ;) hehe

Oh and if you want to know my breeder, i got Diego from Judy in Burlington at this aviary:
http://www.featheredfriends.ca/

And sadly Disney's breeder doesn't have a website, and she lives in Inwood Ontario. she will drive and meet you in London for $20 though ;) lol

Kirby :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts