Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got a video on Lorenzo. I had to be sneaky about it since whenever he sees me trying to get a video of him singing, he completely stops.

Do these sound like male noises to anyone? He does this nonstop all day.

https://youtu.be/1BLQR35g1ys

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Vocalizations aren't a 100% reliable way to sex a bird but yes, those do sound like vocalizations that most commonly come from male 'tiels.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Sounds like a boy to me too! At one part he sounds like he is singing a song :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been thinking he's a boy. Lots of beak banging and whistling. He goes to the vet tomorrow. Going to see how much a DNA test is but I might hold out on it a little longer.

He was doing his own spin on "if you're happy and you know it". Lol. I came home one day and he just started whistling it. Not sure where he learned it from. Although I do keep the tv on for him during the day. Since then he's gone from whistling the real version of the song to do min his own versions!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
male sounds

I love cockatiel songs!:love: Bennie is a male, but he isn't very vocal. Yes, he talks and whistles some, but not a lot.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love his whistling. It's just been harder since the time change. He now wakes up at 7am thinking it's 8 and begins doing "flock calls", screaming, and whistling. Even while his cage is covered. He seems to be the most chatting in the morning and at night.

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Awww. He is SO cute! :love: My guess is male, too. He's got it figured out pretty well, and he will only get better! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts