Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,158 Posts
He/she is a very attractive looking bird.

Just a few questions. How old is the bird? Do you have any larger pix's that show the full back view of the bird?

From what is showing in your pix, and if the bird is 6-9 months old, it looks like the mutation is a cinnamon pearl pied, and if molting out the pretty pattern on the back over the last few months then it is a male. A full back view, and age can help us tell for sure.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i will tray to get some pic with his tail ,and yes he singing a lot and he all the time puting his wings up as well ,but hi not talking mostly screaming and making noise as a wolf or dog something like that.

·
Registered
9,158 Posts
Pieds are vere hard to tell the gender of.
-----------------------------

Sometimes it depends on the mutation. Pearl pieds are easy to sex once they get past 6 months old and have started molting. The females will retain the pearl pattern and the males will molt it out over several months to a solid color replacing where the patterned/pearl feathers were.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well about the age i am not shore when i got him tree months a go then the women said that he is 6 months old but i am not shore.I will get the pictures tomorrow bicouse now he wants to sleep and not let me get eny fotos.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Pieds are vere hard to tell the gender of.
-----------------------------

Sometimes it depends on the mutation. Pearl pieds are easy to sex once they get past 6 months old and have started molting. The females will retain the pearl pattern and the males will molt it out over several months to a solid color replacing where the patterned/pearl feathers were.
Intesting.... Wish i had a bigger PC so i could see those pearls better lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes this is the wolf wistle and his tail as well is clear just in both sides is two feathers darker colour.well i will make some pictures tomorrow and then will see.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Im getting my "boy" DNA sexed tomorrow! Im tired of guessing, curiosity has won out - I just want to know!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i want to know as well but i just want make shore bicouse i am allmost shore that is boy of his behave but its good that somebody can tell as well that i am right.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts