Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all am new to this group.i wish to know my lutino cockateil is male or female.
And also my birds tail has been broken due to small cage.how its take to grow again?
Bird is so scared off me.what should i do? Bird is 8 months old and i brought it from a petshop.
Please help me

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
i think its a male and pleaseee get a bigger cage for him, his broken tale would fall off and a new one would grow in when he next molts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi all am new to this group.i wish to know my lutino cockateil is male or female.
And also my birds tail has been broken due to small cage.how its take to grow again?
Bird is so scared off me.what should i do? Bird is 8 months old and i brought it from a petshop.
Please help me
Hello, welcome to the forums.

The first thing I would do is get him a larger cage. I believe that your bird may be a male. His tail feathers should regrow next molt.

To get your bird comfortable around you, you can try some millet. Its long, so your bird doesn't have to go too close to your hand in order to eat it. Getting him to eat from your hand is the first step. And then, what you can do after that is start introducing your hand a little closer to him, while feeding him the millet. When he doesn't run away at the sight of your hand, you can put your hand a few inches in front of him, while still being at a little distance, and put the millet in front of your hand to lure him to step onto your hand. Remember, take the training at his pace, and don't force him to do anything.

Hope I helped.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

The first thing I would do is get him a larger cage. I believe that your bird may be a male. His tail feathers should regrow next molt.

To get your bird comfortable around you, you can try some millet. Its long, so your bird doesn't have to go too close to your hand in order to eat it. Getting him to eat from your hand is the first step. And then, what you can do after that is start introducing your hand a little closer to him, while feeding him the millet. When he doesn't run away at the sight of your hand, you can put your hand a few inches in front of him, while still being at a little distance, and put the millet in front of your hand to lure him to step onto your hand. Remember, take the training at his pace, and don't force him to do anything.

Hope I helped.
Thank you so much.

Hope I helped.
Hi i would like to know one more doubt.
First of all my image is little brighter. I will upload the real one.please consider to notice this image too

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
I would recommend adding some more toys to the cage, such as shredding toys, and foraging toys. I would also recommend adding more perches, such as natural wood perches.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts