Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
The darker colored one could be a female but....they both look fairly young to me which means when they molt, one or both could change colors. As far a sex, has either one attempted to whistle, talk, or sing? If so, that's the male.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The darker colored one could be a female but....they both look fairly young to me which means when they molt, one or both could change colors. As far a sex, has either one attempted to whistle, talk, or sing? If so, that's the male.
thank you

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The darker one doesnt whisle and sing often, it is not very active. the brighter one is very energetic.

·
Registered
6 Posts
They are both very pretty!
I agree, the darker one looks female and the lighter one male. Females tend to be more quiet and the males much more vocal. They are still pretty young though... Cockatiels usually have their first molt at between 6-12 months old so they could change.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts