Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello I have had my grey cinnamon cockatiel for about 2 to 3 months now bought it at 6months, it looks like a male but it acts like a female iv seen someone else had the same cockatiel as me and looked like a male but has laid an egg so I’m really confused if mines a female or male, its quite loud but not that much, my cousins have a tiel that’s a male and compared to mine there’s is really loud and always screaming lol. If anyone could help me out to find out! Also it seems happy like it doesn’t seem depressed or stressed but it just sits and eats when I let it out it either sits on my shoulder or on a shelf and fluffs up, but like I said doesn’t seem sad or anything but I heard there symptoms of a Ill tiel. Hasn’t had a molt yet (not that I know of) any help will do!
-its not that loud
-seems to show of feathers alot to me (I’m a male)
-it’s attached to me its comes to me my uncle I tried giving it to my aunt and it didn’t want to go
-bangs in the cage to get attention

Bird Eye Cockatoo Cockatiel Macaw
Bird Parrot Wood Orange Beak
Bird Eye Beak Parrot Feather
Bird Eye Cockatoo Cockatiel Macaw

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well since it has laid an egg that means it’s probably a female, however I am not too sure. You can get a DNA test done, I’ve heard that they aren’t too expensive. :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
hello I have had my grey cinnamon cockatiel for about 2 to 3 months now bought it at 6months, it looks like a male but it acts like a female iv seen someone else had the same cockatiel as me and looked like a male but has laid an egg so I’m really confused if mines a female or male, its quite loud but not that much, my cousins have a tiel that’s a male and compared to mine there’s is really loud and always screaming lol. If anyone could help me out to find out! Also it seems happy like it doesn’t seem depressed or stressed but it just sits and eats when I let it out it either sits on my shoulder or on a shelf and fluffs up, but like I said doesn’t seem sad or anything but I heard there symptoms of a Ill tiel. Hasn’t had a molt yet (not that I know of) any help will do!
-its not that loud
-seems to show of feathers alot to me (I’m a male)
-it’s attached to me its comes to me my uncle I tried giving it to my aunt and it didn’t want to go
-bangs in the cage to get attention

View attachment 94432 View attachment 94431 View attachment 94433 View attachment 94432
He’s a young male cocktail and he’s absolutely stunning 😍

1 - 4 of 4 Posts