Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lorenzo and I have been making a lot of progress with our training. But maybe not as much with the "bonding". lol. He will now sit on my hand when he is out of his cage and he has learned to step up. I was able to scratch his head as well. Although he didn't seem to enjoy it too much. The next step will be convincing me to let him move while he is perched on my hand. Right now if I move at all he flies away. Also I need to convince him that I am not a threat when he is in his cage. He still hisses and lunges when I'm near the cage. I will be getting his wings clipped soon. I know some people have some strong feelings about wing clipping but I feel it is the best decision for us. He is not getting any better with his flying, he constantly runs into walls and falls behind furniture. I'm just so excited about his progress and can't wait to see if he will bond with me more in the future.

Attachments

·
Registered
309 Posts
While I don't clip my birds wings I can see it is more practical for many people and may help with your bird. You have done really well getting this far! Once he gets a bit more confidence he will be pestering you for scratches lol

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both!

I don't plan on clipping them again after bonding. I think once we get along better I may be able to help him out more with his flying. It's just hard now because when he falls behind furniture I can't get him out very well. So this will hopefully be a one time thing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts