Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i choose a cockatiel,because of charm,care tameness and expenses.so i'am really excited to get one.at petland where i live,they are 100$ but currently they are sold out,plus thier cocks are already tamed and very healthy.

even though i feel strongly about getting a budgie,i think they will take a little bit more time to finger-tame and for you to get them to trust you.the ones at the petstore,it's all on you.so no,i will not be getting a budgie.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi,
I noticed you live in Orlando and think you would be able to find local breeders of tiels and budgies in your area without having to buy at a pet store. Check your local classifieds for hand-fed, tame & socialized, just weaned babies. Then you won't have to worry about trying to tame one.

·
Registered
799 Posts
good to here you've chosen a cockatiel when you get it, it will make a great pet there so funny and cute you did say that you think a budgie would take too long to finger tame but with budgies or tiels it could take a just over a week if there young.

this guide on the internet has some good tips on getting a tiel tame aswell
http://www.ehow.com/how_2062922_tame-cockatiel.html

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Goodluck finding one- look around at more then one store and find the one that stands out to you the most. Also, make sure you get the biggest cage possible, plently of toys, cuttle bone, lava rock, mineral block, different perches, a swing...etc.

·
Registered
9,464 Posts
Good choice :D don't forget lots of toys too and of course the biggest cage you can get. Spike is the cuddliest/smartest bird I have ever had. I have a budgie Icarus I like him but he does not like me oh well :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Good luck finding your tiel :D I am sure you will know which one is right for you when you see him or her, just don't be like me .....lol everyone is right for me :p

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
How exciting! Like Laura said, you'll see the perfect one for you and fall in love hehe! :love:

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Cockatiels are great pets! :D You should try to find a breeder rather than a pet shop. ;) You'll probably be able to find a friendlier, healthier baby, be able to interact with it at the breeder and it will probably have a lower price tag. Not to mention you'll have someone to contact if you need some help when you first bring one home. :thumbu:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts