Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every morning I wake Murray up, let her out and leave her in the living room while I go to make my breakfast. She is always crazy in the morning, shrieking and flying around, never giving me a moment's peace.

This morning, I returned to the living room with my banana smoothie and got a shock. Murray flew at the opening door as though to land on it. She overshot it since it was moving towards her and plummeted down the other side - right into my breakfast smoothie. In a flash, she'd flapped her wings, leapt back out and taken off again around the living room, spraying me and the whole room with pureed banana. This all happened within around two seconds of poor, sleepy me trying to enter the room!

I had to swab down the walls and the carpet as well as scrub the sofa and catch the bananabird herself. I had to towel her and wash her tail, which displeased her greatly of course.

The things these creatures do to us!

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Haha, yes, they are crazy in the morning. My boy seems to have fully charged batteries in him in the morning! :lol:

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
I had that happen to me, but with a bowl of mushroom soup :D Oh, the things we do for our birds, LOL!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
funny story

That IS funny! A banana smoothie-flavored cockatiel! I can imagine the splatters all over the room, etc!

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Silly girl! I can just imagine the mess! :D

Joey is a grumpy old grouch in the mornings and will sit on his perch looking annoyed with us for waking him up, so I miss out on all the early morning fun stories to tell. I always thought birds were morning people, happy and singing, but not my boy. He is definitely a late afternoon/evening person.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
LOL oh, Murray.

Sunny has a talent for landing in the kitchen sink whenever it's full of soapy dishwater. Then he gets mad as I rinse him off...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts