Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyonemplease tell me the mutation of this bird? My friend has bought him and the white feathers make me unsure what colour he is

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Looks like a lutino. Beyond that can't really say without a better picture of the back. He could be lutino pied or lutino pearl.

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Definitely a lutino, but there are other mutations at play there as well. Some more photos would help :) beautiful bird!

·
Registered
350 Posts
I don't know too much about the mutations, but at a guess I'd say strong lutino split lightly to pied because most of the white is at the edge of the wing moving in. It could also be a split to pearl, but I personally would lean toward lutino/pied.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Most likely a lutino pied. split pied wouldn't give you that effect and split pearl isn't visual.

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
It's hard to say without seeing the bird in person. Very pretty though.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Most likely a lutino pied. split pied wouldn't give you that effect and split pearl isn't visual.
I agree looks like a lutino pied from what I can see, splits are not visible, Pearl does not look like that...moere is a lutino Pearl (or maybe Pearl pied as the pearls don't seem to cover the whole body...

Attachments

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thankyou for your replies, I will suggest she try the black light. The little bird has a lovely temperament and she loves it already

1 - 12 of 12 Posts