Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bird cassie has a lump on his face. it is pinkish (light pink). It is bin there for about 6-7 months. My auntie who is a vet but not an expert on birds said that it might be an extra piece of skin and it might fall of . But i am still not sure about it.........

Thanx Elena x

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Seeing as its been there for some time you can rule out bumping it or pinching it on something I would have it checked out by a avian vet if you have one around you, I am not sure how it could be an extra piece of skin if it wasn't there all along but I am no expert on that, is it hard or soft to the touch? like Spike said it could be a cyst, its best to get that checked out.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
You'd have to either describe it more or post a picture. An avian vet is your best call though.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
I agree with the others, taking her to see an avian vet is really the only way that you can find out for sure what the lump is. :) Has it grown in the time since you've noticed it?

·
Registered
613 Posts
How long has it been there? Has it grown in size? Is it hard or squishy to the touch? (don't squeeze it, just touch it)

I would take it to an avian vet. It could be a cyst or a tumor.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I would have to say call an avian vet, because my friends tiel had a tumor and they had to take it to the emergency care..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts