Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

Lulu is about 11months old, and I got her when she was about 2 months old. But since I was going away for 10 weeks, I left her in the custody of my parents, and bought her so so many new toys to keep her from getting bored without me. One of which was a cute little mirror, with a little perch on it.
When I got back, just 2 weeks ago, she was very calm and quiet, but would not, ever, never, stop looking at her reflection in her little mirror. So I tried to get her out of her cage, but she attacked me viciously, like she never had before. I still have the scar. She wouldn't let me touch her. So I took out the mirror, and she flew at me biting my ear and everything. Eventually she calmed down, and was walking around a bit, and then found my kitchen sink, found her reflection in that, and was again mesmerised. Now, 2 weeks later, she barely lets me touch her, she's always finding her reflection anywhere, whether it's in glass, reflective surfaces, my mirrors, the little bell in her cage, or her aluminium food and water bowls. She won't let me play with her or anything. She's either obsessed with her reflection or angry at me for trying to take her reflection away.

NOTE: I do not have enough space, time or money for a new bird. And need a quick and easy solution to this problem. I love Lulu and don't want her to do this anymore. It's an obsession.

Ben & Lulu!

:lutino: :lutino: :D :D

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
The best thing you can do is remove the mirror , try putting in a new toy for her to replace it . You can make some toys for virtually free from stuff around the house

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But she always just finds a new reflection somewhere else, all the glass in my house reflects. not like i can remove or cover up every window and mirror or metal item in my house, there has to be another way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts