Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone on here from LA? Or Texas? I moved here "LA" last summer and have of late considered getting a new tiel, problem is: i can't seem to find any breeders! I've googled breeders but not sure where else to look. None of the local pet stores impress me- having bad reviews and a dirty appearance. Plus i've had a number of sick birds and rabbits from pet stores in the past so i am a bit wary now. If anyone could pass along any info or advice i'd appreciate it! :)

Side note- not sure if anyone on here remembers me as its been over a year sense i've been on. Been in college but things are finally settling down :) hope everyone is doing well!

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Welcome back!!!

Try ebayclassifieds.com or hoobly.com, that's where I've found my local breeders. Or birdbreeder.com, although its not always as up to date as I would like! Good luck! :D

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Roxy, i'll check those out!! :)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Evian's breeder is in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. She's a really good breeder, allows people in her home to SEE how the birds are housed and cared for (which is important to me not to support someone that's all lip service and doing it like a puppymill behind closed doors). She truly plays with those babies during hand feeding so they come home REALLY tame, not just fed and dropped back in the brooder (and there's a definite difference in breeders who make that extra effort). I know she often meets people with birds so they don't have to travel so far, so if you're interested PM me and I'll send you her contact information.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I am from Louisiana and got my tiel from a breeder in orange, tx. I got Joey when he was eight weeks old. He was handfed, completely tame and the breeder showed me the parents and her place with all her breeder birds. I also got a hatch certificate :) and lots of advice, food and toys. So I can only recommend this lady. Message me if you need her contact info.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts