Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Louie, who I thought was a male, laid 3 eggs under my china cabinet. The reason I thought she was a he was because she can talk a little, does the wolf whistle, and whistles some pretty tunes. Also her colorings. My other Tiel I know is a female so the eggs aren't fertile. Louie has been coming out from under the cabinet 3 times a day to walk around, eat and drink. I also put food and water under cabinet for her. The first egg was laid 5 days ago. How long will she stay with them? What can I do to prevent this from happening again.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
My male takes a very active role in the incubation and caring for the chicks, is your other tiel taking any interest in all of the nesting behavior?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No. LouLou won't go near them. I know it was Louie. A few days before Louie started laying her droppings were large and wet. Now they're even larger. Also few days before laying Louie was spending most of the time under China cabinet going in and out and making chirping notices. They were never interested in each other very much. Didn't sit together but do follow each other around when exploring. I wasn't worried about eggs because of the way they acted towards each other. They're 2 1/2 and 3 years old and I've had them since they were babys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts