Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My female cockatiel died today morning, yesterday night she was fine, today when i went to their cage, she was making a very weird noise, and her mouth was bloody. I get her out of the cage put her in top of the cage and ran to bring a separate cage. When i returned, i saw she was having trouble to keep her balance in the top of the and fallen to the floor. blood coming out of her mouth and nostril. she moved 1 or 2 times and died.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I am so sorry even I lost a feathered friend mine was not so bloody but atleast they are flying free in the heavens it's ok if you want get another one just like her or different I got one the same but with a black marking

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
My female cockatiel died today morning, yesterday night she was fine, today when i went to their cage, she was making a very weird noise, and her mouth was bloody. I get her out of the cage put her in top of the cage and ran to bring a separate cage. When i returned, i saw she was having trouble to keep her balance in the top of the and fallen to the floor. blood coming out of her mouth and nostril. she moved 1 or 2 times and died.
Very traumatic. I’m sorry. My 25 yr old Cockatiel Cookie is in the final stage of his very long life. I hand fed him. He lost his balance four months ago. I fixed his cage so he can keep his dignity while still accessing food & water. By the sound of your cockatiel death it sounds like heart failure or poison. 24 yrs ago I lost a female. She didn’t throw up blood , she did throw up. I took her to her Avian vet. She died in his care. I regretted that. She didn’t want to go. The vet performed a Necropsy, no known cause? So no answer. Birds are stoic. They mask their illness. Most of the time it’s too late. I know what it’s like to wonder why, what happened & what could one do? It does get easier with time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts