Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure what is going on here...Baby one apparently choked, which I took as an accident. Baby 2 I have no idea, hubby got rid of the body without showing it to me (and when I told him that was the wrong thing to do he got mad at me, MEN!!!) Anyways, we have one baby still alive (full crop, light intestines, just not very noisy to be honest) and two more still to hatch (one is working on it right now) and I just want to know if anyone has any ideas on what could possibly be going on here. Last year I figured out it was the bedding so I went back to the Kaytee bedding. So its not that. There's a purifier in the room and a FSL light. I put ACV in their water and cinnamon on their food (gonna mix up the spice remedy and use that too) so I really don't know what's going on but I'm tired of losing babies...:(

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
So sorry to hear that Roxy :( I am right there with you on this first clutch of the year being not right. Keeping fingers crossed for this little guy!! <hugs> You guys are in our thoughts.

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I think I'm going to assist feed these ones and see what happens. Baby 2 was the one I helped out of the egg, so I had really high hopes she would make it.

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, it really frustrating when now there is no reason for them to be dying and I don't know what's going on.

·
Registered
288 Posts
:( im so sorry.

All these baby loses are making me scared of my 3 yet to come! :(

·
Registered
443 Posts
I'm so sorry roxy. I know exactly how u feel. I lost all three of my babies last week and I still can't get over it. My mum had to get rid of them because I tried warming them up and it didn't work :( this sounds exactly like what happened to mine apart from when Cappy and nibs knew they were dying they just gave up on them both :( when I think about my 3 babies, your 2 will be in my thoughts too. Good luck with the last one x

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It is really hard to lose them, after thinking about everything that happened last year. It doesn't help that the hubby keeps trying to bring up their first year when they had a clutch of five that did just fine. I have my suspicions but I'm not sure yet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts