Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lost my cockatiel Vergil yesterday. I've posted all over the place trying to spread the word. Here's another place I'd like to leave some pictures of him. If you wouldn't mind helping me to spread the word, I would be forever grateful.

Craigslist posting with pictures: http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/laf/5733546530.html

My cockatiel Vergil flew out the porch door yesterday (August 14th) after being startled. I was taking all three back inside when he bolted. I spent all the rest of the daylight hours looking for him, and I followed all the advice I could find. I'm at my wit's end and incredibly upset. I would greatly appreciate any help finding him. Spreading the word is what I'm working on now.

He was lost at 444 North Gila Springs Blvd. Chandler, AZ 85226

He's skittish, bitey, but loves millet, cheerios, and nutriberries. He can wolf whistle and has another distinct song that isn't a copy of any tune I've heard. He isn't banded or microchipped. He has thin feathers on the back of his head where his mate likes to preen him.

Please contact me at 256 508-2568 if you have seen or heard a cockatiel in the area. Reward offered.

·
Registered
17 Posts
That's not good, hope u find him sorry I can't help because I live all on the other side of the us

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good news! I was reunited with him not 20 minutes ago.

I received a call from the girlfriend of a crossfit instructor. She had seen the posters I had placed around. The instructor came across my Vergil as she was walking inside. Vergil walked up to her, and she put her finger out for him. He hopped right up. She took him inside, and that's when I got the call. He's back safe, no worse for wear. She even refused the reward I had offered! What a stand up person. Major, major, major commendations to her.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Good news! I was reunited with him not 20 minutes ago.

I received a call from the girlfriend of a crossfit instructor. She had seen the posters I had placed around. The instructor came across my Vergil as she was walking inside. Vergil walked up to her, and she put her finger out for him. He hopped right up. She took him inside, and that's when I got the call. He's back safe, no worse for wear. She even refused the reward I had offered! What a stand up person. Major, major, major commendations to her.
How awesome!! So happy you got him back so quick! What a great person, I would surprise her with a gift card for a local eatery or a nice bouquet of flowers!!

·
Registered
878 Posts
So happy for you and Vergil boy! :clap:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm really glad for you :clap::clap::clap:

You are very lucky, having this nice person near.

Rara avis.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts