Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

Little help for the little guy.

661 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  AJwah 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

I have a little champ called Charlie. He is about 8 odd months old and a very happy and friendly lad. I have noticed some of his feather on his back are looking a little 'Mangy" (see pics attached) as of late an I am wondering if this could perhaps due to him molting? Or should I be more concerned?

I don't see anything wrong in relation to his skin and other than having a quick trip to a different house which may have stressed somewhat and his propensity to avoid an all non seed based diet despite my best efforts he seems incredibly happy. It seems to be residing since coming home & I have sprayed him down with water a couple of times and put in a bath for him to wash. Any thoughts?
Thanks

See less See more
#3 ·
He looks like he has been over preening or plucking a tad. He may of been overly stressed with his current changes. Hopefully you can get him settled and feeling secure. Give him looks to do and lots to chew and shred maybe you can get his mind off if it before it becomes a hait. If he does not improve with less stress and stability then a vet check would be in order to rule out a medical reason.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.