Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
Sounds like you are VERY PREPARED! Awesome! Noelle is one lucky little bird.

The other major things I can think of off the top of my head would be toys (lots of them, and a variety of types) as well as natural wood and rope perches to replace the dowels that come with the cage. I find that my birds love to hang atop the cage, so I would also get perches for the outside and top. It's also nice to have play areas outside the cage...mine have two "trees" (one homemade and one store bought).

It is safest to purchase toys online for a website like mysafebirdstore.com, where they would never have come into contact with other birds, but to be honest I do take the risk and purchase from bird stores sometimes. I like to be able to see things in person and sometimes I just need something then and there. I would think sanitizing the toys would be fine.

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
You sound very prepared. I think it's wonderful. :D

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
wow you're so well prepared!! Noelle's a lucky baby.
i second Moonchild's suggestion of toys and perches. shreddable toys are majorly popular, and rope\natural perches are great as well :)

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Sounds good to me !!Lots and lots of toys always have some extra handy so you can switch them out if you notice Noelle getting bored with some of them :)

·
Registered
760 Posts
You seemed to have covered all the bases! I highly recommend shredding toys as well. You can also get a good variety at Amazon. Mine really love the Planet Pleasures toys and they are pretty reasonably priced - Petco also carries them. Good luck! Can't wait to see your new baby when she comes home!

·
Premium Member
6,217 Posts
Yes! I have a store called The Bird Shop about 12 minutes away from me and I get everything there. Very very fun

·
Premium Member
6,217 Posts
Huh really? My bird shop is the exact same, boarding, nursery. That's weird. I actually have everything you just listed by me too, well except for the cockatiel rescue :lol:

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
All I can say is Noelle is one lucky birdie!!
When I think about the day I brought my first tiel, Candy, home... I kind of went to look at some cockatiels and... brought her home, LOL Didn't really plan that much.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
You are doing fine,properly preparing for Noelle.As for toys,we always buy from mysafebirdstore.com . The toys are wonderful,very safe , worth every cent we pay to have them sent to Brazil.Best of all, they always send you a freebie.We strongly recommend them.All the best X x

·
Registered
190 Posts
For a playstand, I greatly recommend this stand from Kings Cages:
http://www.kingscages.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=K299

I have it for my little Molly and she adores it. It's durable, interchangeable, comes with many toys, and very easy to clean. I've had mine for about a year not and it looks brand new still. The only thing I don't like about it is the two tassel toys which I cut short because they were a little too long in my opinion. Overall, it's definitely something worth investing in. Here's some pictures of my little girl on her's:

(^No added toys, this is a few days after I got it; Molly took right to it.)

(^I was prepared to remove the mirror when I got it because it looked dangerous in the picture, but it has no sharp edges they could cut themselves on. Molly also enjoy's visiting her friend every now and then too)

(^With lovebird friend Peaches and many added toys)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts