Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
How old is your cockatiel? It's not unheard of for females to learn whistles and tunes but it is very unlikely. You can whistle at her every day or play her a YouTube video of a cockatiel or other parrot whistling a tune.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
whistle

I had a female cockatiel. She would whistle, but not really any kind of tune. I would call her with a simple 2-tone whistle and she'd whistle back. (My apartment is at the rear of a house. When i'd come home, I'd whistle as I rounded the corner of the house. She's get excited and whistle loudly. :) She's gone, but I do the same thing with Bennie. )

·
Registered
21 Posts
My Cockatiel, Zak, is 8 months old and although he is a male, he is just learning to put whistling tunes together.. I whistle constantly at him. We are currently learning Queen's "Another one Bites the Dust". he has the first part down, but can't quite get the second part.. but I keep whistling it to him.. that is the key.. just keep whistling to her and also leaving the radio on, especially when your not home..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.