Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My male cockatiel climbs up my chest and stick his beak on my mouth and make clicking sound. Is he kissing me? Or is it something different?

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Maybe but I wouldn't let him do it. The bacteria in our mouths are not good for tiels.

·
Registered
40 Posts
My Charlie is the same,
Absolutely obsessed with my mouth and teeth. I have to be careful not to smile too close to him or he goes for my teeth!

I just shut my mouth and purse my lips so he can't get his beak in.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Rurik does something similar: he sometimes preens my face, specially if I'm not shaved...

Well, and one time I was eating some sea-cookies (very good for stomach), and he just came and picked up a scrap from my lips and ate it...
Fortunately, this cookies are completely safe for birds, so when I eat them, I give a little portion to Rurik and Katya; they love it.

Rara avis.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Hahahaha this is so cute. Zoe does this as well, as with others I just make sure my mouth is shut when she tries to kiss me.

As roxy said, the bacteria in our saliva is not good for cockatiels, so as adorable as it is, try to keep your kisses as dry as possible!

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Usually when my hand tame birds want to do anything with my lips, they NIP me! LOL. Sounds like you have a cutie!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts