Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I was just wondering if Kale is safe to feed raw or if it should be cooked before? I feed Khaos spinach raw as she doesn't seem to like it cooked as much but I have never really used Kale before, thanks :)

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Yes, raw is best :) just be sure to wash it well and it will be fine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies, she does love the stalky bit on spinach so hopefully Kale will go down just aswell! I have heard of it being used in smoothies, i might give it a go... if im brave enough

·
Registered
761 Posts
I have heard of it being used in smoothies, i might give it a go... if im brave enough
I mix it up with plenty of my favourite sweet fruit/fruit juice and blend well to avoid bits :) I do it almost every day with kale and spinach because I don't really like my leafy greens in salad form but I need to get them in there somehow...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I mix it up with plenty of my favourite sweet fruit/fruit juice and blend well to avoid bits :) I do it almost every day with kale and spinach because I don't really like my leafy greens in salad form but I need to get them in there somehow...
Lol im lucky and do like all fruit and veg (except mushrooms, eugh they are just wrong!) But my partner is a nightmare so now I have a sneaky way of getting him to eat those greens! I will give it a try too though, that actually does sound really yummy :D

·
Registered
786 Posts
Milo loves kale and broccoli, but he has to ask it for a kiss, then kisses it first...:eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts