Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious if anyone else's males do this, I have noticed with Ollie and he only does it with Ian, when Ian is talking to him Ollie will get right up in his face and touch his lips with his beak when he speaks and when he stops speaking he moves back and then soon as he starts speaking again Ollie is right back there touching his lips...LOL its really quite cute its almost like he is touching his lips to feel the vibrations of what he is saying I just can't figure out why he only does it to Ian and not me when I am the one that talks to him the most, could he be trying to tell me something like maybe I need a breath mint :p :D just kidding my breath is just fine...LOL

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok I was just wondering if it was a male thing..LOL Georgie and Charlie don't do it ;)

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
I've not noticed Dooby doing that........maybe he IS a she after all. LOL!!
Oh don't go there! LOL

Dooby will stop whatever he is doing and look at you when you speak to him, like he is really listening to you.
Isn't it cute when they do that. I find Ziggy does this more -maybe he's learning new things to say...

I was just thinking maybe they learn to mimick by the vibrations? I know Baby just does it to be sweet and get head scritches and kisses but maybe that's why Ollie does that...

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Bailee does it too, but not Cookie. Bailee will also run over and shove his beaks at my lips if i say "Bailee, kiss" and then he won't stop - he's too smoochy. :p

·
Registered
15 Posts
peaches isnt interested in talking but koda's always looking for new words to say.
maybe Ollie is trying to work out how to say it himself by touching beaks he can tell how the words are formed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts