Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Does he have clipped wings? Perhaps you could let his wings grow out so he can land safely if you're thinking he may fall and hurt himself. There's no real way to stop them from jumping/trying to fly, it's in their nature.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Hmmm.. in the video clip he doesn't seem to have clipped wings so he can manage the drop with some wing action as needed (unless he has a wing problem or injury that impairs flight).

As Vickitiel said - it's what they do. :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
His flight wings were clipped when we got him 16 weeks. I think they are beginning to grow back. His jumps are becoming more frequent. He has over the weeks damage three tail feathers at different times, two of which have come off. Thanks

From my mobile communications network

·
Registered
507 Posts
He is a bird, after all...

All you can do is try to keep him low and place lots of padding on the floor around his cage. Eventually those feathers will grow back and he'll get strong enough to fly instead of fall.

·
Registered
769 Posts
He is a bird, after all...

All you can do is try to keep him low and place lots of padding on the floor around his cage. Eventually those feathers will grow back and he'll get strong enough to fly instead of fall.
I agree with Jaguar. I do't think there is a way to stop your bird, so this must be your best shot. Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts