Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tomorrow morning i am off into town in the morning o get a cage for my room,

charles wasn't even in the room and he was nervous i got him near the cage and his wings went up, and he got really jumpy flew off through the kitchen and int the bathroom i ran through turned the light on i could see him and herd this breathing from the toilet, poor thing was swimming in it,

how Lon do you think it will take for him to settle down, once in my room ? how long should i leave it till i get him out, will he be replaced if i am relaxed? all so what about the budgies they never come out will they bother him ? (well one escaped this morning lol )

i am now regretting trying ot get him to bond with him i am so upset with myself i feel awful that because i didn't listen my tile could have drowned, he was only in the loo for a few seconds as i realised where he was, i am surprised he didn't bite me as i went over the top of him but then stopped from he side,

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
i think the reson he never bit you was he new you were trying to help him they just no when you are trying to help as in adjusting it may be 2 days or longer depends on your tiel

·
Registered
10,917 Posts
The moral of the story is close the toilet lid when the birds are out! I had a budgie that ended up in the toilet TWICE before I learned that lesson. I was right there when she went in too. She landed on the seat but couldn't get any traction so she slid right into the bowl.

Your best bet in general is to keep your tiel in a relatively small, safe area until he's more familiar with you and the house. Work with him in a room where you can close the door so he doesn't take off on a long-distance flight through several rooms. Cover up things he might crash into like windows and mirrors, and take a look around for any other hazards that can be reduced.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you

i am moving him up to my room, it quiet and more relaxed i have 5 budgies up there so he wont be on his own, i will get him out up there, it prety budgie proof as i had one escape (long story )

he seems ok this morning and has come to the front of the cage when i called him, he has had a good groom too i think he is moulting

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mine will be with budgies and my room is my rom much more relxaing i maybe relax too much in there hence the mess lol,

i am hoping he will like tlking to the budgies and he seemd more relaxed and he still loves me, so his acidnet hadnt stoped him loveing me :D i consider myself lucky as it doent take much to loose trust

1 - 6 of 6 Posts