Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
jojo's face is turning darker yellow, he sweeney todd white streak is going yellow too but still there

i got a few pics of him in his cage me using a bribe to keep him still but very good pics this time

now to me this says he is a boy but his tail is speckle if that makes sense which makes him a girl, i will take pics of the tail,

he will sit at the bottom of the cage if i am near the bottom, its like he is trying to be closer to his mummy :D

he looks glowing in thease pictures, looking veyr happy and healthy :D he is just adorable well i love him anyway

·
Registered
93 Posts
How old is JoJo? I can't help you in the gender department. Mine still have me scratching my head but they are starting their first molt I think. JoJo is absolutely gorgeous though! Great job getting him to be still for the camera. I end up having to take a hundred pictures to get one good one.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sunflower sedds go a long way :D i would say jojo is about 4 months he was born end of acording to the breeder alltho the breeder guessed at a girl, he can wolf whistle :D and trys other tunes eg the phone and i think is trying to talk

he is mummy's little baby

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jo Jo is a boy. His head is going yellow, when he has his full moult his tail feathers will come out and be replaced by grey ones. He's a little darling.
thank you :D bless him, right now he is a boy no slacking in the talking deparment lol, would explain his agression towards anyone coming near me, and to him self now only when his wing comes out lol

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
He doesn't by chance have a yellow mineral block does he? the yellow in the 2nd pic doesn't look like the normal yellow for a grey male

it looks more golden yellow

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
4 months is right on schedule for the face to start changing. It will take a while for the full mask to come in. The tailfeathers will come later.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
as ong as he doesnt get too moody, he hasnt been to bad so far ,

and yes its the light i only used a mobile but they are the clearest pics ive got, he has a purple mineral block :D he doesnt eat all that much but will sometimes, i supose sometimes is better than not having one right ?

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Does he have a cuttle bone? If he doesn't have a mineral block he should have a cuttle bone. If he doesn't use it you should scrape a bit of it over his wet food. Not enough to put him off but enough that he gets the calcium that he needs.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
he has a lock he does nibble on and yes i have a cuttlebone but its spare for the budgies who go through it fast, suppose i could put that in his cage, then he will have both is this ok

·
Registered
342 Posts
I actually almost named my tiel JoJo. :) He is a pretty boy. And - again - I will never understand how most everyone is SSOOOO good with the mutations. Though I did like Sweetrsue's way of putting it how she learned in another post! :p I think mine's a girl since she's still retaining her pearl markings and rarely even whistles...so I would think yours is a boy, too, since 4 months and whistling and trying to talk. My tiel wouldn't touch her mineral block the first couple of months but now she does regularly. I would try the cuttlebone, too. That's so sweet yours loves his mommy so!! And I like the way you get him to sit still, too. Teehee!

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
he has a lock he does nibble on and yes i have a cuttlebone but its spare for the budgies who go through it fast, suppose i could put that in his cage, then he will have both is this ok
I am not sure where you are located, but I buy 2 in 1 bones they're sold at most of my pet shops ( like Pet smart) its a cuttle bone on the inside and a Mineral block on the outside, (i've only seen them in pink and yellow though)

but I like these because it only takes up one space So that leaves more room for other things, and they're getting both the mineral and the cuttle bone in every bite :)

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
that sounds like a fab idea :D but we don't get them here, i will put one in one side and one in the other lol, this poor bird really needs a up grade in his cage, i have seen one but its on a stand and i think smaller than the one he has now, is a square so it wider than higher, ok this Si another thread lol

i will put a cut le born in tomorrow when i let him out :D well when i say out i mean on me, i have worked out why his wings come out tho, when he slips he brings his wings up to balance himself, so i think he panics when he slips so feel fundable and mistakes his wing for danger , but that's my silly jojo for ya

1 - 14 of 14 Posts