Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so maybe he doesn't work as hard as the rest of us, but he does get to hang out with his dad and me while we work. We're both working long hours getting the hotel's operating system up with the times (the old owners did reservations by pen and paper in a book) and setting up accounts with all the vendors, etc. That left Joey on his own most of the day and evening.

The owner told us if we are concerned about him being on his own so much, he can hang out in the front desk/office area with us. He isn't with us all day, but some, and we make sure to spend time in the room with him periodically though the day so he can have out time. Poor kid is used to being out all day and evening. If he'd wear a flight suit, he could be out and with us. I need to work on that.

I keep the back of his cage covered to help him feel secure, with all the strangers around. He is in an alcove about 4 feet from my chair, also to help him feel secure... and so he doesn't shout at every bird he sees out the front wall of the lobby, which is all glass.

Attachments

·
Registered
878 Posts
Those keys won't be going anywhere without Joey knowing about it ;)

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
The most important is that he is with both of you Im pretty sure hes a happy boy anyway because he is with Mom and Dad Good luck and all the best with the new job X x Teresa

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
So cute! He'll be a loyal worker! ;)

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Joey's new job

That is great that you get to have Joey at work with you! I have tried to take Bennie with me when I have the Nature Center open, but it seems to stress him out with unfamiliar people around, I can't let him out because of the big plate glass windows and I don't have a flight suit. But I am sure Joey loves being with you! It's nice he can be in a more-or-less out of the way place where people can't poke their fingers at him.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We're taking our time and limiting how long he is with us, and we'll slowly increase the time. He isn't much of a fan of strangers, so we are currently taking him at slower periods of the day, and keeping the back of the cage covered. He seemed to like one of our regulars, Terry, when she came to the desk. The whole time she was talking, he was making kissy noises and chattering away. He is usually timid around strangers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts