Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who missed it, about 3 years ago I had to give up Jitterbug and Bluestreak because my landlord claimed my birds 'smelled' despite the fact I was cleaning the cage every day. (Insert screams of frustration here) As a result, Blues and Jitters went to a lady who not only finger tamed them, but took awesome care of them. A real bird breeder's paradise, you know?

Well this young lady contacted me today and said she was going to Vancouver, BC and couldn't take her babies with her. Would I...could I... take them back?

HECK YES!!!!

So Blues and Jitters will be coming home to me around Christmas, when she has to leave. I'm so excited! I felt horrible giving up my babies and I am so happy to have them home again. The lady is happy to have them going to a bird lover's home, too. :) Which leaves me with one problem - I still have a lovebird and a non breeding cockatiel male to find homes for :p

**Does a happy Happy Dance**

·
Registered
786 Posts
Congrats on getting your babies back !! What an awesome thing to happen! You will have to post pics when they get there...good luck on finding homes for your other two, hopefully they will find homes equally as good!

·
Registered
885 Posts
I'm not sure how cockatiels could even smell bad? Lol I mean if there was several months of poop built up, sure there would have to be an odor to it, but i've been around cockatiel cages that haven't been cleaned out in weeks and they don't stink. I really only clean mine every day to minimize seed spillage and avoid attracting rodents, smell has never really been an issue for me lol.

Anyway, congrats on getting your babies back! That's such a cool thing to happen. Can't wait to see pictures of them when they get home!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
coming home

Wow, how wonderful! It must have been so hard to give up your birds, now they are coming home again! How cool is that?!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts