Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my other uncle from England came here to Ireland for a few days with his kids and we all went to my other uncles house who owns Jewel and they were all out in the back garden and the door was open and I had Jewel out and she was different today and she wouldnt step up and was scared of me and she flew into the kitchen and out the door I was so scared and my Auntie just goes OMG thats my bird and Jewel luckily landed near me on the room and I jumped on the roof and grabbed her and put her back in her cage.I thought she was gone what would my Uncle and Auntie think if I let her go.Im glad she didnt fly away that was scary and shes untame she did bite to get out of my hand but I didnt let go.She still lets me give her head scratches though.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, you got very very lucky, now you see how easy it can happen... So happy you managed to grab her!!
There was also so many kids in the house and Jewel was in the living room and I shut the door but the kids kept running in and out and thats when she took off im glad I caught her.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
There was also so many kids in the house and Jewel was in the living room and I shut the door but the kids kept running in and out and thats when she took off im glad I caught her.
I too am so happy you caught her, mistakes like this can and do happen all the time, I have a friend I met when I sold her one of my baby tiels who lost a Senegal out the door when the dogs were let out... I also have a tiel who was found outside last year.. No one ever looked for him however and I couldn't find his owner... I think he was thrown away... :(

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I too am so happy you caught her, mistakes like this can and do happen all the time, I have a friend I met when I sold her one of my baby tiels who lost a Senegal out the door when the dogs were let out... I also have a tiel who was found outside last year.. No one ever looked for him however and I couldn't find his owner... I think he was thrown away... :(
It would be different with Rocko though but a curious or scared or untame bird could fly out the door and keep flying but Jewel didnt fly far luckily and was within my reach and she definitely knew where she was going maybe she saw Loki and Rocko outside and wanted to get out.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
It would be different with Rocko though but a curious or scared or untame bird could fly out the door and keep flying but Jewel didnt fly far luckily and was within my reach and she definitely knew where she was going maybe she saw Loki and Rocko outside and wanted to get out.
That is possible that she wanted to visit your birds... Hard to say what is going on in their little bird brains...lol

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is possible that she wanted to visit your birds... Hard to say what is going on in their little bird brains...lol
I dont think Jewel likes Loki because the two days Rocko and Loki have seen her she was trying to keep Loki away from Rocko.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts