1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Look what i've bought off eBay!
Bea's Super Cool Purchase
:D

I've been looking around the local dollar shops trying to find some pony beads. In the past i found a 40g bag for $2 which i'm guessing was about 200 beads, very good value. I've looked and looked but just haven't found any. Earlier i searched eBay and i discovered the above sale, obviously i instantly got dad to make the purchase for me. Can you imagine the toys i can make with 1250+ beads?!?! :eek: :rolleyes:

In addition to that i've ordered some more supplies from My Parrot Shop so i should be set to get creative next week. I've ordered some more cotton rope, paper sticks, till rolls (looks like birdy toilet paper, lol), pacifier beads, o-rings (for hanging toys from)...i think that's it.

And then there are the quick links and some extra beads which Boomberry has kindly posted to me! I can just feel lots of new toys will be made once all these bits and pieces get to me.

I will of course post some photos of the end products, and hopefully of my lovely tiels modelling the use of them. ;)

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Good job bea. I'm waiting for money lol. With school soon starting i have to spend most on stuff for school. I found a site that has 500 neon pony beads for about $5 cnd. Great price really considering i'm paying about $5 here for 100. I'm ordering some cotten this week i hope. Just for to wait for the person to get back to me.

Also these are really nice finish to some projects if you can find them

I couldn't find any so i was going to order some at .30 a bead( was going to order $13 in them which would have been 44 beads). I went to wal mart and found about 40 for $6. I used them to finish off a swing i made and its looks great. Still waiting to make a few more things before i post what i've made.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those would look nice! :D I might have a look around for some .... once my money stocks are replenished anyway. With the beads and the toy parts i'm broke, lol!!

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Amazing how we spend our money on our birds but feel so good about it and people use the term they are " Just birds".
Yeah, i'm sitting here with the absolute bare minimum in clothes (a few tops, jeans, and a couple of jumpers) but i'm spending all my money on the birds. :p If they're happy, i'm happy.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Yeah, i'm sitting here with the absolute bare minimum in clothes (a few tops, jeans, and a couple of jumpers) but i'm spending all my money on the birds. If they're happy, i'm happy.
I'm lucky my mom is spending a little on use for school stuff. I would have nothing lol. I don't get new cloths much. Most jeans i have wear out and them i am forced to get new ones. I know of a shirt right now that much be 3-4 years old but i still got it and wear it. still looks like new though. i'm pretty exctied for new stuff though. My bike has riped most of my jeans in the leg.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Wow! You did well finding them, such good value as well! :D

I couldn't find any cheap beads for making bird toys, until I stumbled accross a small shop in town and bought a whole bottle of them for £0.79p!! It's amazing what you can find out there!

·
Banned
105 Posts
WOW great find! I cant wait to see some of the finished products you made.

I went to michaels and got tub of beads for like 10 bucks and still not done them. lol

Good job bea. I'm waiting for money lol. With school soon starting i have to spend most on stuff for school. I found a site that has 500 neon pony beads for about $5 cnd. Great price really considering i'm paying about $5 here for 100. I'm ordering some cotten this week i hope. Just for to wait for the person to get back to me.

Also these are really nice finish to some projects if you can find them

I couldn't find any so i was going to order some at .30 a bead( was going to order $13 in them which would have been 44 beads). I went to wal mart and found about 40 for $6. I used them to finish off a swing i made and its looks great. Still waiting to make a few more things before i post what i've made.
I got those from walmart too! lol. Except i used mine all up making a climbing net thing.
I'll have to order more stuff too.

Wow

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
40' of cotton rope would cost me a fortune!! :p It's actually ok because the 1/4" rope i buy for $2 a metre still seems too thick. So i can actually split it into two meaning i have twice as much rope to use. ;)

My beads still haven't got here, but then neither has the rope and stuff so i wouldn't be able to do much with them would i? :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts