Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ivory's stripes on her tail are starting to show up and I was looking with a black light on Avalanche's tail and she/he is getting stripes so I assume it's probally a female:confused:!! I am disapointed as I planed on breeding and now I think its not going to happen and haven't decided if I want to keep Avalanche or take to the next show to trade? She still is not tame and still freaks out anyways!! I was thinking of setting Ivory and Avalanche up in a breeding cage with a box to see if Avalanche sings or not!! Well I was thinking of getting a whiteface pied or pearl male if I decide to trade! Thanks Melissa

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Stripes are present on immature males as well as females. Tail stripes are not something they get with time rather they lose them if they are male somewhere between 6 months to a year. Avalanche is too young for a box anyway and it might prompt Ivory to lay which is a strain on their little bodies. Especially if it's just a test.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Maybe not The lady keeps ducking me. i called her twice and left messages and called two other times and it went to voice mail. I try a couple more times but if she's not going to return my calls I'm not going to keep leaving messages. I'm just hoping I catch her at home to talk to her.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.