Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have their stands out in the lounge room that I created. Plenty of space. I want to keep training him, and she is starting to learn things (as she is younger) but they won't be trained at all in the same room. If I put one back in the spare room where their main cage is - the other one goes nuts. Ringo flies around the room, and when it's Lucy she just cheeps like crazy.

Lucy is REALLY sweet and kind and never bites (just nibbles) but never talks or is great for training. Ringo is super smart - was learning everything like a sponge but has now gone into 'bite the air' stage. He'll literally bite at everything he can. He honestly bites at the air!!!! Anyone else have this problem? He's protective of her - but in all honesty they still do not like each other. They snap at each other. They are not loving sweet cockatiels to each other.

I'm confused. I've had parrots my whole life but not cockatiels. How would you all advise I train him? It was going so well until she showed up. But now he can't live without her.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts